Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Gallas' Tough Time/ Take Heed of this "Dream" Talk


I have been reading my new British newspaper online site (I used to read The Sun and now I read Daily Mail) and in it, William Gallas states that he is having the worst time of his career. It is about time that he took responsibility for his liabilities. To Sir William: Ever since you've gotten the captain's armband for Arsenal, you have struggled mightily and just haven't been able to pull out the same form that made you a good player before you decided to leave Chelsea. Maybe you should not be captain for Arsenal anymore. It is too much responsibility for you. The fact is that you are not a very good leader and that is okay. We all cannot be leaders. Then again it does not make you a follower either. I am not the leader type but personally, when I get on the field, I try to do my thing. That is what you need to start doing: leading by example. You do not need the armband to show your skills. It isn't necessary.

If I were an Arsenal fan I would be afraid of what Fabregas has just said. Even though he did confirm that he was committed 100% to Arsenal, he said recently that going to back to his youth club (Barcelona) would be a dream for him and he would like to go back there when he can. That is a dangerous thing to say, even though he says that he is fully committed to Arsenal. I remember another player (Christiano Ronaldo) saying it was a dream to go to a Spanish club and then we had to deal with a summer of whether he was staying or going. Plus he has been speaking to his ex-teammate Aliaksandr Hleb, who is at Barcelona at the moment. The fact that he has not ruled out means that he could possibly go to Barcelona next season. It is going to be interesting what happens at the end of this season if they don't win a trophy, because if Arsenal does not win one for a fourth consecutive year, Cesc will weigh the pros and cons and Barcelona will try to pull him in. The thing is that I don't even know what Arsene would do: he might think well 'I can just make another Fabregas, it's nothing'. Thus making more Arsenal fans frustrated about getting rid of their star players.

No comments: